Terms & Conditions
Pricing, Tax, Postage & Packing
- All prices are in GB pounds (£) and exclude postage and packing. If this is not your usual currency, the exchange rate to your local currency will be determined by your credit/debit card company.
- The prices displayed include UK tax (VAT), where applicable.
- Prices displayed apply to online purchases only - they do not apply to other methods of mail-order or to purchases from the Museum shop at Lower Broadheath.
- A charge will be made for post and packing based on the weight of the item purchased. The amount to be charged is shown during the check out procedure.
- Many orders are despatched on the day that the order is received, and we aim to despatch all orders within two working days of payment being confirmed.
- All normal UK orders are shipped by Royal Mail Second Class post. At our discretion some items may be sent 'Special Delivery' or by Courier. This is done at no extra cost to you.
- International orders are shipped Airmail. We may sometimes divide large orders into separate packages in order to keep costs down and speed up delivery times. At our discretion some items may be shipped by courier. This is done at no extra cost to you.
- Estimated delivery times are:
UK destinations: 1-3 working days
Other Western Europe destinations: 3-6 working days
Eastern Europe destinations: 6-8 working days
Rest of the World: 5-10 working days
- Replacement for items lost by delivery services will be handled on an individual basis. If an item has not been received after a reasonable time has passed we will replace it at our cost, or refund the cost. Rest assured you will never be expected to pay for something you have not received.
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to fulfil all or part of your order, we will notify you by e-mail and credit your account with the full amount charged for those items not delivered.
- Full refunds will be made in the event that a product is received in an unsatisfactory condition. The product must be returned to us.
Archive Photographs & Collection Reproductions
- Archive photographs and Collection reproductions are supplied under the terms stated in the product description and/or on the forms which you may be asked to complete, depending upon your order type. The material must not be used for any other purpose than that stated. The Museum does not necessarily claim copyright for the material supplied. Ownership for all images (supplied in whatever format) will remain with the Museum.
Please note when using PayPal to make a donation to the Museum, PayPal will take a very small percentage of your donation as their administration fee.
- As part of our sales records, we will store your name, postal address, email address and telephone number on our server.
- We may (unless you ask us not to) use your name and email address to send you newsletters and other information from The Elgar Birthplace Museum. However, we will never allow anyone else to use your details.
- We will store cookies on your computer, to be used only:
To maintain the contents of your Elgar shopping basket
To store your name, address, etc (but not your credit/debit card details) in the event that you register with us, so you do not need to re-enter them on subsequent visits to the site.
Elgar Foundation Enterprises Limited is the trading arm of the Elgar Foundation which runs the Elgar Birthplace Museum. Elgar Foundation Enterprises Limited covenants all its profits to the Elgar Foundation.